Our company history began in 1885 with fruit syrup; Today, the family-owned company is one of Europe’s largest fruit and vegetable processors and stands for a wide variety of high-quality foods. Our careful selection of raw materials, provisioning of enormous capacities, and our smooth logistics win over customers throughout Europe, North America, and Australia.
Our Paderborn production location is modern, flexible, and innovative.
History with a future
In the town of Neuenbeken, near Paderborn, Wilhelm Stute starts a business dealing in agricultural products and the production of fruit syrup.
By roasting rye, a coffee replacement product is produced which is sold to retailers in East Westphalia. The company grows.
By moving to Paderborn on Detmolder Strasse, the company is able to expand its production.
The production site is relocated to Pipinstrasse within Paderborn. In addition to fruit syrups, marmalades, jams, and fruit juices also begin to be produced.
Paderborn is nearly entirely destroyed by an air raid. The STUTE company is also consumed by the flames. Three days after the occupation of the cathedral city by Allied troops, the Stute family begins to rebuild the company, and production is resumed on a small scale as early as 1946.
An annual turnover of 700,000 DM is achieved just two years after the currency reform. With a single-minded focus, the product range is expanded in the 1950s.
Because further expansion of production on Pipinstrasse is not possible, the foundation stone for a new industrial enterprise is laid on Abtsbrede. Within two decades, a total complex of 160,000 m2 will be built on this site over the course of several construction stages.
An uninterrupted growth course makes it necessary to set up a second production site in Paderborn. Halberstädter Strasse is home to large refrigerated warehouses and a production site for canned fruits and vegetables and beverages. As of today, a complex of more than 350,000 m2 has been built there.
Commissioning of our own water treatment plant
STUTE begins construction of one of Europe’s most modern high-bay warehouses. The loaded pallets are automatically and carefully transported into the warehouse by what are known as overhead conveyors and production is supplied with auxiliary materials.
Start of the cold aseptic filling of beverages in the PET area
Commissioning of the first roof photovoltaic systems
Commissioning of three wind turbines and a biogas plant
Introduction and certification of our energy management system according to ISO 50001 Commissioning of a 50,000 m² outdoor photovoltaic system and three additional roof systems.
Creation of a sustainability department. Commissioning of the first “Krones PET recycling plant” in Germany
Expansion of the roof photovoltaic system
New construction of an ultra-modern logistics hall with a social wing